Friday, May 7, 2010

URGENT PRAYER REQUEST!!!

Everyone please be praying! My dad was playing volleyball last night and started having chest pains, he asked Brandon to take him to the hospital and on the way there he started to collapse. They got an ambulance and then flew him to Fargo, ND hospital right away to see a cardiologist. Please be praying!
UPDATE: I guess they speciefied he had a MASSIVE heart attack. (It's so serious, they call it the widowmaker-please Lord, don't let that be the case here) He had to be recessitated three times but got the meds he needed right away and sounded like he was starting to be stable/breathing on his own. He's on a helicopter to fargo now and the surgeon will be ready when he gets there to open up his vessels or arteries.

So i just got the latest update on my dad. Forgive me if things don't totally add up or are a little off, He had a massive heart attack and they have a balloon pump in his artery(s) to help keep the blood pumping and such at this point. He was very unresponsive and they have him now sedated (totally out) and will be for the next 24-48 hours it sounds.
UPDATE: Part 2...The next 48 hours are crucial, won't really know if he's gonna be out of the woods til then. They are going to be doing a hypothermia treatment to help hopefully prevent brain damage (scary, never even thought of that part). Also, b/c of the blood thinners, be praying for no complications with bleeding and such. I think they had some issues getting a tube or something down his throat and such.

The previous updates were from my brothers facebook account. My mom, Brandon and I are in Fargo now, Cayden is with Brandons parents. Please be praying-without ceasing! This is very serious and he is not out of the woods and we really need your prayers, pass this on to anyone you think will be a good prayer warrior.

I know God is in control, I know my dad would rather be in Heaven, but I'm selfish and I want him here, I want him to see my baby and I want a lot more years with him. Knowing God is in control is comforting, but not knowing his plans is really difficult. Will God be more glorified in taking him home or in letting us have a miraculous recovery? My prayer is for God's glory, but for me too:)

My Uncle Duane is another spiritual warrior in our family and he is also in the hospital with a very large blood clot, he's been there for a few days already. I believe God is doing something in our family, especially with all of this happening so close to Grandma going to Heaven. I pray my cousins and aunts/uncles all realize their need for Christ and that this might be able to help with that, please put that in your prayers too.

If you want frequent updates try and become friends with my brother on facebook (cody erickson) You might get removed later, but at least you'll get updates now:) I'll do what I can on this. Thanks guys.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

For those who don't know I'm Cody's girlfriend and will be doing updates while Cody is in Fargo! This is a very hard time right now and I told Cody not to stress over giving updates on Facebook, I'm going to take over. You can add me on Facebook too, just specify you're Lyndi's friend or something like that so I know.

Kellie said...

Decided I should probably leave my first and last name. Kellie Robb :) Now you can probably find me on Facebook better.