Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update

Lots has happened, and I won't try and say it all, but you can keep more detailed updates via Cody's facebook. However, I had news I wanted to share too:

The Dr came by this morning and said the nurses could try and bring him around today. That is great news b/c it means he's ahead of their original schedule. While we were at lunch the nurse, Sarah, started slowly reducing his sedation meds to get an idea of what he might respond like when she removes it completely. When she moved him, he opened his eyes-a great sign! She said the lights were on, but nobody was home and that was to be expected. We were allowed to go in there and could still talk and touch him. She said he may open his eyes at our voice, but she thought it was the movement that made him open his eyes before. As soon as we got in, mom started to talk to dad and said, "Alan" and he immediately, partly, opened his eyes. We were so encouraged!! The nurse plans to take him off completely at about 4pm. We have family coming up so she wanted to give them time to see him first. Please keep your prayers specific that he wont get a fever, that he will wake calmly and without brain damage and that there are no complications or repeat attacks. Thanks so much everyone!

3 comments:

Kelley Sommer said...

Lyndi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! Kristin emailed us as we are out of town, and filled us in. We have been keeping up through Kristin, and your brother's facebook. Sounds like things are progressing in the right direction. We are praying here! We will be back Sunday night and I am willing to help with anything you all may need! WOW! Don't know what else to say! We'll keep on praying!

Kelley Sommer said...

Lyndi, I am so sorry to hear about your dad! Kristin emailed us as we are out of town, and filled us in. We have been keeping up through Kristin, and your brother's facebook. Sounds like things are progressing in the right direction. We are praying here! We will be back Sunday night and I am willing to help with anything you all may need! WOW! Don't know what else to say! We'll keep on praying!

Amanda said...

Praying, Praying, Praying oh so hard for you and your family, especially your Dad. I'll pray that God will cover him with His hand of protection.